SolidWorks is a 3D CAD software tool that transports all tasks involved in
product development into the visual and electronic 3D world for better
collaboration. With its intuitive interface, and a wide range of specialized and
compatible products to support all design and engineering functions.
WHY SHOULD YOU LEARN
3D modeling is being preferred not only by customers, but also by engineers
and designers because they offer many advantages over the traditional 2D
design. So, you need to learn 3D CAD, and SolidWorks is one of the widely used
3D CAD tools in the industry. SolidWorks can help you convert your ideas into
product designs quickly, and effectively. Even without having any prior
experience in animation, you as an engineer or designer can produce an
animated movie of your 3D product design almost instantly. This will help you
communicate your product ideas better to a non-technical person.
- CAD Animation: How to create a 3D, animated movie of your productdesign.
- Product Data Management: How to keep, reuse, repurpose all designdata in a secure way.
- Revision Control: How to keep track of the changes you make to yourevolving product design, and also monitor changes each revision brings to your overall design and manufacturing cost.
- Costing: How to check your design against manufacturing cost, and how to automatically generate manufacturing cost, as you design.
- Part and Assembly: How to design parts and assemblies of parts.
- Tolerance Analysis: How to analyze the tolerance levels of each individual part separately, as well as all that of parts when functioning collectively.
- Interference Check: How to check the way all parts fit among themselves, and operate as intended.